The Straits Journal subscribes its values to Singapore’s Journalists’ Code of Professional Conduct as follow:
- Every member shall maintain good quality of workmanship and high standard of conduct.
- No member shall do anything that will bring discredit on himself/herself, his/her union, his/her newspaper or other news media or his/her profession.
- Every member shall defend the principles of freedom in the honest collection and dissemination of news and the right of fair comment and criticism.
- Every member shall realise his/her personal responsibility for everything he/she prepares for his/her newspaper or other news media.
- Every member shall report and interpret the news with scrupulous honesty.
- Every member shall use only honest methods to obtain news, pictures and documents.
- No member shall accept any form of bribe whether for publication or suppression nor permit personal interest to influence his/her sense of justice.
- Every member shall respect all necessary confidence regarding sources of information and private documents.
- Every member shall keep in mind the dangers in the laws of libel, contempt of court and copyright.
- Every member shall observe at all times the fraternity of their profession and shall never take unfair advantage of a fellow member.